€550,00 (€665,50 incl. VAT)
€450,00 (€544,50 incl. VAT)
13 March 2024 - 13:00
14 March 2024 - 12:15
Assurance over GRC, Strategic Risks, Projects and Programmes
Crucial to internal audit success is an audit team that can deliver value adding audits in an efficient manner. This requires a good understanding of technical issues, but increasingly a range of softer skills. This course delivers a range of impactful events to help any audit team deliver to a higher level.
This course is for experienced auditors/audit managers and heads of audit, and will also be a valuable introduction to those involved in process excellence, working in IT, Health Safety & Environment and also Procurement and Project Management.
You will learn:
• The fundamentals of success – benefits / functionality, cost/budget and timelines.
• How easy it is to get things wrong and why.
• Different project management frameworks – PMBOK, PMI, Prince II, Prince Lite, Agile.
• The importance of role clarity all the way up to a project steering group.
• Engaging 3rd parties/consultants and managing them.
• Being clear about your appetite for risk (in a practical way).
• How to obtain assurances at different stages of a project and what constitutes good assurance.
• How to focus on what’s most important – to see the wood from the trees.
75% will be key tools and techniques and 25% practical issues/actions / solutions of those attending.
Comments about James Paterson from other courses
o Very informative – many thanks
o James have lots of really interesting and useful examples
o Really good overview and great tools, ideas and examples to take away. I really enjoyed it and want to learn more
o James was fantastic. I would certainly recommend courses by him to other colleagues.
o James has a very engaging delivery method.
o James has a very good delivery style and keeps you engaged on the topic being presented. He is also very good at relating to individuals and getting points of understanding.
o Good pace and discussion
o The delivery was really excellent