€550,00 (€665,50 incl. VAT)
€450,00 (€544,50 incl. VAT)
21 February 2024 - 13:00
22 February 2024 - 12:15
Developing the Audit Plan and Audit Strategy
There is a new practice guide on audit planning that reminds us that audit cycles and audit universes are really a legacy of a more traditional approach to planning. Learn progressive ways to do a “top down” plan that is better aligned to strategies objectives and key risks and that incorporates other assurances. Also learn how to create a plan that adds value by being clear about the key “exam questions” and that flows into assignment plans so that timely and relevant assignments are delivered. Learn how to present an audit plan in an impactful way and make clear the needed resources and skills required for the audit team.
This course is for heads of Internal audit, senior audit managers and experienced auditors.
This course will share some of the latest good practices and insights in relation to internal audit plans, including details from the latest global IIA practice guide. It will also help participants to clarify the link between where internal audit is going and the organisation. It will also be an excellent opportunity to benchmark what you do with others.
• what is your process for planning and is it documented?
• who do you consult?
• what is best practice in terms of linking the internal audit plan to objectives and key risk areas, whilst delivering core assurance areas?
• how to factor in “value add” into the planning process, including potential differences in what is done between senior management and the audit committee?
• the importance of being clear about the “exam question” and knowing how much assurance each assignment is giving
• audit universes – what is best?
• what is the best way to approach longer term planning horizons, as well as shorter-term changes?
• how to do a high-level assurance map that will link to key areas of the plan
• what is an internal audit strategy and why does it matter? Using a strategic plan to clarify the position of internal audit and to raise points about positioning and staffing
• how to use the annual plan/audit strategy to deepen the relationship between the head of audit and senior stakeholders?
• how to effectively address the question “do you have enough resource”? in a way that gets a constructive debate going.
21/02: 13.00-14.45 and 15.00-16.30
22/02: 09.00-10.30 and 10.45-12.15